Trekking to Ciudad Perdida
The Trekking to Ciudad Perdida (4 days) is the most adventurous option of excursions to this area of the Sierra Nevada de Santa Marta, it is perfect for people who have tight schedule and are in good physical condition and enjoy the intense walking
surrounded by lush nature and the company of the indigenous communities members. If you enjoy adventure and you like to do exercise or play sports, enjoy the best of trekking Ciudad Perdida.
DAY 1 SANTA MARTA – EL MAMEY – CAMP 1
This Trekking to Ciudad Perdida starts around 9:30 at our office; where a 4 WD car will take you in a 2 ½ drive to El Mamey, the place where we have lunch and then begin the search for the sacred place of Tayronas (antique Lost City residents).
At the end of the afternoon, we arrive at the first camp, in its surroundings, we will find rivers, natural pools and waterfalls to have a relaxation moment; and then we have dinner and spend the night in hammocks.
DAY 2 CAMP 1 – CAMP 3
The day begins and we have breakfast early in the morning. Then we start to walk by the riverside of Buritaca
River, where we will find plenty of houses that make part of a Kogui indigenous village called Mutanshi. Our trek during the day will takes about 7 hours going through the jungle of Sierra Nevada de Santa Marta and enjoying
the biodiversity to finally reach the third camp (equipped with hammocks, beds and tents) where we will have a delicious dinner and rest after an adventurous day.
DAY 3 CAMP 3 – LOST CITY – CAMP 2
Early in the morning, we have breakfast to start climbing up 1.200 steps to our main destination, a trail constructed by Tayrona people to reach the beautiful Lost City.
Once we get there the guide will show us everything related to this magic place full of relics and ancestral stories; we will spend the morning enjoying the landscapes and having enough time to rest and take pictures. Finally we will have lunch
at the third camp and then go back to the camp 2 for having dinner and spend the night.
DAY 4 CAMP 2 – EL MAMEY
The last day of The Trekking to Ciudad Perdida begins with the breakfast at the camp to then continue the way back to the point where all it started. During the walk, we will find rivers and waterfalls to have refreshing breaks.
Finally we reach El Mamey, place where we will have lunch and our 4WD car will pick us up to go back to Santa Marta arriving around 5:00 p.m. completely delighted of a lifetime experience in the amazing Sierra Nevada.
Respect the privacy of indigenous and peasants. Not enter their houses and take pictures of them or their belongings without asking permission. Pack only the essentials, because the weight is an important factor. Make sure you are in good health. Return
all trash to Santa Marta. Caring and respect what you find. No harm natural or cultural property. There is no mobile phone signal in the park. Tell your family and friends that you can only communicate with them once you are again to Santa Marta.
Clothing and Equipment
During the day, the weather is hot and humid, so we recommend wearing comfortable clothing, shirts and shorts for walking. At night, the temperature is about 16°C and there is a high proportion of mosquitoes and other insects, so it is important to
wear long pants and long-sleeved shirts for sleeping and use insect repellent.
Please do not forget:
- A bottle of water (1 liter), insect repellent, sunscreen, comfortable clothing, walking shoes, and camera.
- Bring only the essentials things in your backpack, remember that the more light is, the walk will be more comfortable and enjoyable.
- Use sport or walking shoes for the trek, and wear sandals for your stay in the camps.
- You have to bring your personal care items, so do not forget your soap, toothbrush and toothpaste, deodorant, foot powder, among others.
- Your personal medicines, if necessary bring them with you.
- If you feel it is necessary, you can bring your sleeping bag, but we offer blankets.
- Among your clothes, be sure to wear shorts, shirts, long pants, socks and swimwear.
- Two big plastic bags will be very useful to keep dry clothing separate from wet clothing.
- The insect repellent is essential to protect you against bites, like sunscreen to protect your skin.
- A bottle of 1 liter of water is sufficient for the first day, we will supply the water needed by the rest of the way with purification tablets.
- Finally, do not forget your camera so that you register the highlights of your trip.
To book the Lost City Trek you must show in our offices your identification document (passport or identity card). To take the tour a copy of the document is enough. It is better not to take the original to prevent damage.
Our recommendation is to have the yellow fever vaccine as a preventive measure for Lost City Trek.
$1.150.000 COP/PP. The same price it applies for 4, 5 or 6 days. The Lost City Trek leaves every day from our main office in Santa Marta.* *All rates are in Colombian Pesos. Price per person valid until 12.31.2020.
IF YOU GET A LOWER RATE AT ANY OTHER TOUR COMPANY, WE’LL OFFER YOU A SIGNIFICANTLY LOWER PRICE THAN THE OTHER ONE (subject of terms and conditions, Do not hesitate to ask us).
Round trip transfers from the hotel or where you stay to the starting point of the tour (El Mamey) in 4WD vehicles.
- Three (3) breakfasts.
- Four (4) lunches.
- Three (3) dinners.
- Typical food prepared by local chefs.
- Fruits and snacks during walks.
The accommodation during the tour is in hammocks, beds or tents, depending on availability. We provide mosquito nets and blankets every night.
Our guides are from the region trained by SENA, with years of experience. They are trained to provide cultural, historical and anthropological information of the indigenous communities and the area.
During the tour you will have a medical assistance insurance that cover accidents and illness occurred during the tour. It covers transportation from the place of the event to the medical center, medical assistance, hospitalization and surgeries when
it is necessary.
Contribution to the Communities
We work closely with indigenous and peasant communities. We are committed to support the development of the region through contributions that help to improve the life quality of the locals.
Entrance to the Archaeological Park
The Teyuna Archaeological Park is managed by the Colombian Institute of Anthropology and History (ICANH); an institution assigned the Ministry of Culture of the Republic of Colombia. The entrance fee to the archaeological park is included
in the tour.
- Deposits via Paypal or PayU through the active payment modules linked in our official web-sites.
- In cash exclusively in our offices in Santa Marta with our authorized staff.
- In all our offices in Santa Marta, we accept payments with credit cards as Visa or MasterCard.
- A 15% deposit of the total of the package is required prior to confirmation of all bookings.
- The remaining balance must be paid at least in the same date of departure, before leaving.
Cancellation policies – Right to retrace
- Confirmed bookings will have a cancellation policy in the following terms: Cancellations or changes will have a 20% penalty of the total of the package.
- Once the trekking to ciudad perdida has started, the services included in the package that the passenger does not take will not be reimbursed.
Before making a deposit for the Lost City Trekking, ask about the availability for your departure’s date to firstname.lastname@example.org. If the availability is confirmed you can proceed to make a deposit through these any payment platforms here, deposits
to our Bancolombia account are able only through colombian banks accounts.